The major research themes
We divide this laboratory into 4 research groups: Reacting flow, Rocket-engine and aircraft dynamics, High-enthalpy flow, and Aerodynamics of automobile vehicle. Each of them conducts research, development, and validation of each theme. The research themes of the 4 groups are as below.
Reacting flow group
In this group, we conduct the research and development for engineering application of the unsteady flow simulation, for example, turbulent combustion, phase change, and fluid devices. We suggest the models of turbulent flow, porous flow, combustion, and interface of gas and liquid. We also suggest the innovation and improvement of the numerical computational method.
- Designing the performance of hydrogen-methane mixed-combustion-type gas-turbine combustor and the method of NOx prediction
- The suggestion of multi-scholar flamelet model for LES analysis of turbulent combustion
- Coupled simulation of boiling and heat conductivity assuming the hardening process
- Simulations for the unsteady flow over the airfoil and the dynamic conductivity of the fluid
Rocket-engine and aircraft dynamics group
n this group, we study the fluid phenomena which accompany the chemical reaction, for example, liquid rocket engine. And we also conduct researches about unsteady aerodynamics and aeroelasticity of aircraft. The major themes of us are as below.
- Analysis of the flow field near the injector of a liquid rocket engine
- Simulation for the combustion fow under supercritical pressure with non-ideal thermal and transport models
- Research about the gasoline engine knocking phenomenon
- Elucidation of the flame propagation mechanism in the high-aspect ratio
- Research about the ammonia combustion
- Researches about the prediction of unsteady aerodynamic forces which act on
High-enthalpy flow group
The research backgrounds of this group are on the group page. The major themes we
are now researching are as below.
- Research about the prediction and reduction of the blackout in the atmospheric reentry
- Analysis and research for aerodynamic heating of the flexible reentry spacecraft
- Analysis for aerodynamic heating and forces of the "Hayabusa-type" reentry capsule
- Simulation of aerodynamic forces acting on the Mars exploration parafoil
- Diagnosis of the large plasma wind tunnel